We exist to help you take your next step with Jesus.
We will become disciples who influence this city of government for the Kingdom of Jesus.
Our Core Values
We are For JCMO
We love this city, and we show that love through acts of service. We utilize our facility and our hands and feet as an extension of that love.
Your Next Step matters More than the last
We all have a past. Jesus offers us forgiveness and grace that allows us to move forward.
Community is strongest in small groups
LifeGroups create the space necessary for you to know others and be known.
Culture Change Begins at home
We get 1 out of 168 hours of your child’s week. Home is where our kids’ hearts change.
Disciples B.L.E.S.S. their neighbors
Begin with prayer, Listen, Eat with, Serve, and then Share your story with your neighbors.
Every next step helps us influence the City for The Kingdom
1st Step Class
FirstStep was designed to help people navigate life at Capital West. You’ll learn about our roots, mission, and beliefs in FirstStep.
Jesus was baptized by immersion, and called his followers to make disciples through baptism. Learn more about this ancient practice.
Every believer needs to know and be known by other believers. These relationships sharpen our faith and create a safe space for us to grow.
B.L.E.S.S. is more than a handy evangelism acronym. It’s a way of life for us. Bless a person a week, and you’ll help change lives.
Have you been B.L.E.S.S.ing someone? Share one of our digital cards with someone you love to invite them to join you at Capital West.
God promised that we will never outgive Him. Jesus said our treasure follows our heart. You will never lose a penny of the resources you invest in the Kingdom.
What is a typical service like?
Services at Capital West are inviting, encouraging, and enjoyable. Before the service, you can expect us to be friendly yet not overbearing. Our talented band leads us in song that speaks to the goodness of God, and our ministers preach directly from Scripture in a way that is practical and enjoyable. We do take communion weekly, and you can find the pre-packaged cups on the table directly inside the doors to our auditorium.
What do you offer for my children?
We offer full Children’s Ministry on Sunday mornings for nursery age – 3rd grade.
We also have Launch 4/5 that meets on Sunday afternoons for our 4th and 5th graders.
On Wednesday evenings at 6:15, we offer children’s programming for kids ages Pre-K through the 5th grade.
For middle and high school ages, we offer classes on Sunday mornings during our Bible Fellowship hour. Also, on Wednesday evenings, we open our Event Center at the release of school for students to hang out and enjoy each other’s company. The evening concludes with youth worship and a Bible study from 6:15-7:30 p.m.
What do you believe?
- We believe that forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord (John 3:16).
- We believe while every person has worth as a creation of God, “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” and are in need of a Savior (Romans 3:23).
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God “a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (2 Timothy 3:16 and Psalm 119:105).
- We believe Jesus is the one and only Son of God, who died for our sins, rose from the dead, and now all authority is given to Him (1 Corinthians 15:1-8, John 3:16, & Ephesians 1:20-22).
- We believe that those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized (immersed) into Him (Romans 10:9 and Acts 2:38).
- We believe that those following Christ should strive to live a life worthy of the calling they have received, making every effort to keep unity of the Spirit (Ephesians 4:1-6).
- We believe the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to evangelize the lost and edify the saved (Ephesians 4:1-16).
- We believe that Jesus will one day return and reign forever as King of kings and Lord of lords (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
What times are your services?
Our church services are at 8:30 and 10 a.m. on Sundays.
Where are you located?
Our Main Worship Center, which houses our Sunday morning services and Children’s Ministry, is located at 1308 Fairgrounds Road in Jefferson City, MO.
Our Event Center, which houses our Student Ministry, is located across the street at 1315 Fairgrounds Road in Jefferson City, MO.
Worship With Us
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have or to pray for you in any way.